Japanese-style shoji screens are translucent, wooden-lattice panels that subtly transform light and space and add an elegant touch to any decor.
In this book Jay Van Arsdale explains all the information you need to design and make shoji for your own home or apartment.
* Notes on aesthetics and design fundamentals
* Complete how-to guide covering basic construction methods, screen materials, and wood selection
* Home projects, including window inserts, sliding and hanging screens, glass panel shoji, double- and single-sided shoji, skylight shoji, decorative wall boxes, and floor and table lanterns
* Introduction to Japanese hand tools and planing and joinery techniques
* Sample lattice patterns, photographs, and line drawings for design and remodeling ideas